Got this idea from Mommyblogr! It's all in good fun, come, let us commiserate together :)
1. Slurpers. Be it tea. coffee. or cereal. It's my nails across the chalkboard. I remember in a very Seinfeld-esque moment wondering if my husband would slurp his cereal. In horror I could picture as I sat across him during breakfast day after day as he slurped his breakfast for eternity. Luckily, Kashif doesnt really eat breakfast, unless its tea in a foam cup to go and luckily he is not a tea slurper. Seeing as we drink tea quite regularly, this indeed would have posed a problem. Never-the-less this slurping sitation seriously impedes in my coffee shop studying or doodling as many of you out there are indeed slurpers!
2. Swervers. You know who I'm talking about. People driving 80 miles an hour on the highway. on their cell phones. Giggling and laughing.. and swerving into other lanes without checking. This happens to me at LEAST three times a week. Me thinks I should purchase the Mission Impossible soundtrack for the driving drama. Is this kind of driving an thing? a cell phone thing? .
3. Bathroom talkers. I speak of those on their cell phone while using public restrooms. Loudly. Firstly, the lack of privacy in public bathrooms is awkward anyways why complicate it with loud discussions of how your boyfriend lost his job while in the stall? I know we lead busy lives but surely you can find some time to talk on the phone outside of your public bathroom moments? Sanitary? Gack!
4. Public Confiders. The student who raises their hand and proceeds to tell us their entire personal life story including their time in drug rehab and their mom's pill addiction while we sit quietly blushing for you. Oh and people on cell phones while you're waiting for class to begin, like Anisa said.. and they are talking loudly about the check that bounced or the divorce attorney's opinion on the custody hearing while everyone sits there... horrified. *I'm noticing a cell phone theme here*
5. Loud Typers. Goodness sakes. Are you trying to beat the thing into submission? Seriously. The worst part is when the teacher is on a tangent sharing how her dog had puppies and you're clicking away loudly, totally outing yourself as surfing or chatting online.
6. Baby Trumpers: You know what I'm talking about. They ask, "so how are you, been busy?" and before you can say "Well.." they interrupt with a gleeful "Wait till you have kids! You don't know tired yet. I know tired. You do not." 40 plus hours a week teaching, 4 night classes, weekends cramming. Whoops. How dare I say I'm tired? C'mon! People sans kids can get tired too. Really!
7. Random Messengers: I put my msn messenger screen name on the side bar thinking I'll get in touch with friends I dont talk to enough, and maybe getting to chat with some of you cool folks in blogosphere, so have talked to a few of y'all and its jolly good fun. It is not you whom I speak of... It's the people who add me without a prior shout out, and then proceed to IM me... AND refusing to tell me who they are. C'mon think about it? Is that cool? It's happening to such a degree now that each time I log into msn I have five new "additions" of people who refuse to name themselves .... me thinks the screen name shall go. * Edited to add: I'm not talking about anyone who added me generally.. just a specific group who barrage me with messages but when I ask who it is, refuse to say*
8. Black and Whiters: Life is shades of gray. There are two sides to almost every story. Inevitably those of the black/white mentality are rather adamant on their view and not quite tolerant of the different persepectives. Infact, they can be quite mean. In the words of the famous bumper sticker: Mean People Suck.
9. LIB who fancy themselves SIB. Not only is it wrong- it's truly shameful really. Remember SIB is not where you came from.. it's who you are. *solemn nod* (Asim and Kashif this one was for you! :)) ... sorry that one probably made no sense to anyone.
10. Jonesters, Hoity Toities, Fakers: Jonesters: Materialistic people who think there's something seriously wrong if youre not. Fakers: nothing about them is real so they presume likewise of you. These are the ones you think you can depend on because they fake so well.. but when it comes down to it.. they are the last ones who will show up. Hoity Toities a befuddling combination of both. In the words of a friend of mine who sums up encounters with such people succintly: Boo!