***updated with some answers from you . You guys are fabulous. Simply Fabulous. Thanks!***
Just came back from sunny Florida. My parents celeberated their 30th anniversary and all us kids came down to be with them. The actual anniversary is today but since its Monday we pulled a "president's day" and observed it on Friday. Kashif and I have not yet seen four years together, 30 years seems unfathomable. Ami and Abu say that year one is as vivid in their minds as though it was yesterday. Time has a way of flying. We hadn't driven in years to Florida choosing instead to fly and I forgot how thoughtful one can become on a long road trip. Pen and paper had not been so intimate in a very long time as the time to think and the trip itself lent to much food for thought. Hopefully I can find time to share some soon.
On a random tangent, I had a list of questions that I'm trying to figure out the answers to. Yes you will quickly see how random they all are... but considering your various lifestyles and backgrounds surely you can give me some advice or opinions to help me. Any advice or opinion appreciated, I am so very troubled about #18.
1. Why do people do email addresses on the web like: jon at hotmail dot com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org? to avoid spammers who troll for email addresses, to avoid outlook express from popping up everytime you click on it
2. I wore a Pakistani bridal outfit on my wedding and normally we wear them again at a family member's wedding or something. But if you wore the traditional white wedding gown, do you wear it again? No
3. My front left gas stove top is not working. It clicks and all you smell is gas- no flame. The other three work fine. How does one fix this? Could be clogged, ignition could be broken, flint needs to be replaced. First try to clean/unclog if nothing works call in repairman to check the flint.
4. Have you lived in Brazil or visited? I wanted to take a weekend trip out of Rio with Kashif while I'm there and can't figure out a place we could see in a weekend's time be it a car ride or flight? Thanks Subhana! Corcovado, Copacabana, Tijuca, Ilha Grande, Samba shows.
5. Have you learned a language through cassettes? I have quite the commute to/from school and wanted to get some Portugese cassettes but there are a million and a half series. Have you found success with one in a language you wanted to learn? Pimsluer, Rosetta Stone
7. Does anyone know how to make a cilantro based dressing with peanut sauce? Cheesecake factory has a great dressing, and its a goal in my 101 in 1001. THANKS Baraka! http://www.recipegoldmine.com/ccC/c354.html
8. How long can you keep leftovers in the fridge before you must throw it away? I kind of estimate but is there a set amount of days for chicken, beef, fish?
10. How long can you freeze things in the freezer? I always thought it was indefintely if its sealed well but someone said it has its limit and it can go bad in the freezer?
11. The first book my parents read me had to do with a boy named Pele getting a coat made from a lamb and they go through the whole thing of how wool is made. Lots of knock offs of this but never found the original book which I believe is called Pele's Coat. Anyone heard of it? I'm looking for it.
12. Have any of you gone to law school and not been a lawyer? If so what did you end up doing? Are you happy? Opened a bakery
13. Where can I find copper pans to hang up over my island? I have a nice wooden thingie with hooks to hang nice copper pots but never know where I can get affordabble copper pans to hang just for decor?
14. What's the best way to clean mexican tiles? bon ami
15. How can you whip whipped cream from the heavy whipping cream box and make it look like the whipped cream you get from the store prewhipped and creamy? lots of suggestions in the comments, basically keeping it cold while you whip is key but I think Ill stick to store bought considering how complicated it sounds to do.
16. Do you know of any brand that sells the type of tea that is used in "loose tea" meaning nice tea leaves not the nasty ones in the tea bags.. but actually is in tea bags making it easier to use? Lipton Yellow Label, Republic of Tea, Tazo, Tea in tea balls
17. Can you tell the difference between diet pepsi and diet coke? Because I can. I refuse to drink diet pepsi but people claim its all in my head? Though yes I'm not drinking it with the full flair I once did. Yes there is a difference.
18. Very troubling. We came home today and all the water faucets be it sink or shower, the water is coming out funny. Making strange noises and coming out inconsistently. Sometimes its fine and then sometimes its not. It wasn't freezing over the weekend and nor did we put the thermostat low. But it's all the pipes upstairs. What does this mean? Anything we can do? Water main might have been affected over the weekend, which might be true as I noticed service people fixing stuff around our subdivision, air could have gotten in the pipes, it's working fine now though so hopefully it was just temporary issue.
19. For the past month I have very vivid dreams. I talk in my sleep, I wake up crying occasionally. I have multiple dreams that I remember with accuracy. I dont undesrtand why all of a sudden this is happening? Does it mean something? Rehtwo may you could give me some insight here? I havent been eating before bed or anything like that... Wow lots of interpretations including stress which is probably what it is, lots of repressed stress..