It's one of *those* days. A wallowing sort of day. I'm a world record holder in wallowing. On a wallow sort of day, one little thing and my mood twists into a pretzel. I'm betting roughly half the world can relate. There is the oft quoted cliche which states: Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% what you make of it. Very profound.. in my hunt for the above quote I came across this one.. equally.. um, profound: I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality- Mitch Hedberg. The man is deep.
So here's me focusing on the good...
1. A friend made a really sweet gesture about one of my writings. I'm too shy to say what it is they tried to do, but it means the world to me. You have no idea how that put a smile on my face and gave me faith in myself.
2. Today before Torts Amanda gave me a Mitch Hedberg CD! Thanks for thinking of me. And thanks for thinking of me with such a cool CD!
3. Going out today for pizza with a friend and her cute baby for lunch.
4. Today I ran 2 miles in my best time- ever
5. Spring break starts NOW.
6. I get to catch up on my studying... okay losing the happy thought .... oh yes! I will get to see my family including the lil nephew for a little bit of the time... happy thoughts back.
7. I got my paperwork to go to Brazil today.
8. I also got a paid summer internship that will accomodate Brazil.
9. A good friend invited me for dinner Saturday. She cooks real good.
10. I made really good meatloaf on Tuesday. My first time trying meatloaf and I was so scared. I hate baking because I feel so helpless. Put it together and... wait. Just wait. I watch it every few minutes wondering how its doing. I am not a controlling person... just can't handle food cooking without me stirring...something. But it came out FABULOUS. Here's the recipe incase you're curious. I have very fond memories of my mom making meatloaf and I always wanted to make it but it looked so complicated. I did it! Truly pleased. So pleased I bemoaned the missing camera charger for I truly wanted to share the marvel that was my meatloaf. Splendid. Truly.
11. Elmo balloon is still up and flying high in our living room. For my dad's birthday, my brothers purchased an Elmo Happy Birthday Balloon. This was in December. It is March. It is still up. If I could find my camera charger it would be on here. It's the little balloon that could. It annoys me at times with its big perky grin as it sways to and fro in our living room. I feel it taunts me. But maybe it's just smiling and saying "I dont care what you think of me, I will keep on flying high, and be me" That's sweet. Maybe scary that I'm personifying a helium balloon, but still, sweet no?
Feeling better already...