1. Seinfeld references. I never thought the day would arrive when I would refer to Seinfeld and the reaction would be blank looks. But it happened approximately seven days ago and I am quite unsure if I have fully recovered. I was 11 when Seinfeld came out and I only started watching it when I was about 20 so it was pretty much in syndication but it is a good show and its timeless and wonderful and funny. And it speaks to everything that happens in life. Everything. You gotta see the baby? Serenity now? Soup Nazi? Come on, everyone has been through situations and circumstances that Seinfeld can relate to. After much thought and serious reflection I have grudgingly decided to remain friends with my non-Seinfelder friends but I have to admit the decision was difficult. Mandatory disclaimer: I kid. I kid. No show can come between true friends no matter how deprived they are of Seinfeld related humor.
2. School? So over it. I am so ready to graduate its not even funny. I'm over studying. Over classes. Over all of it. I feel like a runner at the last stretch. The ribbon of the endzone is in sight and I'm ready to cross over but fatigue is beginning to hit- and I want to take a nap.
3. Speaking of running, I'm picking it up again. My foot broke a while back so I stopped. But I have the green light and I'm starting again. I wish I could say I love running, that's it my me time and I love feet on pavement running my stress away. But it would be a lie because I do not like running. I'd much rather eat bon-bons and watch Scubs and the only reason I ever ran regularly was because I finally created a routine. But three months off the foot broke the habit. and the motivation just isn't there but Tee captured the matter of motivation well: sometimes you say you don't have the motivation to start, but sometimes you need to just do it. Just start, even if the motivation isn't there - and motivation will follow. So grudgingly the running shoes are back on.
4. Hanging out with girls. Today a few friends went to Target to get a few things. It was the first time in maybe five years I went shopping with girls. We laughed at silly cards, tried on gloves, and sat down for a cup of coffee and talked about... girl stuff. I forgot what it was like to shop with girls and the fact that I got so excited to be at Target shows how deprived I am of "shopping female contact"
5. Babies all around. Is it just my end of the galaxy or is everyone having babies? Nine people I know had babies in the past four weeks. I kid you not (hee) each and every baby is a ball of cuteness. But I'm not sure I've ever held so many babies. I'm not sure what the point of this is, but the quote did imply this post would be rife with random-ness. And it is.
**6. I stopped biting my nails. If you know me you know I bite my nails. I've bit them since I had teeth. But no more thanks to Bite It. It works, it really does! I went to get my first manicure and felt like a shy kid starting kindergarten, it was all so new. I think I was the most excited person there. (It chipped in two days though, is that normal?). Its strange that there was such an intense internal struggle to quit and the result is just... nails. So if you see me staring down at my fingers with a smile please know I'm not being ditzy, I'm just so pleased to see a sight I've never really seen. Its such a great feeling to get rid of a bad habit. Now if only I could kick sweets.