Recently, a friend turned to me and said, I don't want to be a lawyer or even use the degree but I really want to go to law school! To which I naturally and normally (after a cursory check for sanity) asked huhhh? To which she responded as though it were obvious, I know its tough but... I want to think like a lawyer!
Think like a lawyer? What does that mean? How does one think like a lawyer? Here's a sample of what I'm thinking at the moment:
1. I wish I was napping.
2. Must not sleep on comfortable leather reclined chairs in library.
3. I hate school. Really. Hate. School.
4. Reality TV is really just going too far these days.
5. Wonder what we'll eat for dinner tonight.
6. Bubblegum is fun, in moderation.
7. M&Ms would be GREAT right now.
8. Mmm.... M&Ms...
9. I'm hungry.
10. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Surely you dont need three years of graduate school to think like that? Or should I be demanding my money back? This brain seems awfully similar to the one I had when I started the whole thing. Though, perhaps, its because I'm not a lawyer yet. Aha! Just one more reason to pass that bar! Oh the things that will be thunk!