1. The way your chubby toes flatten against the tiles when I set you down.
2. The feel of your soft curls as you rest your head in the hollow of my shoulder.
3. Your smiles in general.
4. Your toothless grins in particular.
5. The way you delight in peek-a-boo with your father, eyes wide, arms and legs kicking in unison- literally happy from head to toe.
6. How you lift your food pinched between your thumb and finger, like a baby monkey.
7. The way you breathlessly whisper bye-bye with a solemn flap of your hand.
8. And stare at us when you're annoyed, eyebrows raised, a twelve month old teenager.
9. The pout of your lips as they pucker up when you, well, pout.
10. Those soft baby cheeks, that silky hair, that button nose, these tiny fingers, and toes.
The way you howl in the dead of night, misery unparalleled- until I picked you up and in an instant there is silence- your head against my shoulder, your body limp with relief because all is once against right with the world. This ability to wholly transform your world from darkness to lightness and joy with a simple embrace? That? That is what I will miss most.