- Lose 10 pounds.
Unsubscribe from all the random e-mails I'm subscribed to.January 2014.
- It took about an hour to go through all of my unwanted e-mails but I finally unsubscribed from nearly all of them! Now time to make a dedicated junk e-mail address!
- Make a list of "to read" books from acclaimed POC authors.
Get passports for the kids.May 2014
- Write a one-sentence journal daily summarizing my day.
- Finish 20 of my TBR but purchased books.
- Re-read the entire Harry Potter series.
- Do the 100 item purge.
Donate money.Eidi Foundation is a great place to give. Donate books. Donate clothes.
- Get a physical
- And a dental cleaning.
- Make a vintage sign
Teach Musa to sleep through the night.or have him teach me how to function coherently.
- Learn five new vegetarian dishes
- Learn five new desserts
- Learn one new soup recipe.
- Learn fifteen new dinner meals
- Learn how to make candied pecans.
- And toffee.
Learn how to whip cream into whipped cream.This is the recipe. Use kitchen aid mixer or some other hand-mixer and whip it fast and voila- five minutes: whipped cream!
- Buy a waffle maker
- Make waffles from scratch
- Make a lavish brunch with said waffles. And whipped cream.
Buy fresh flowers just because Cut up and eat a bowl of pomegranate.
- Try a new ethnic cuisine.
- Stop biting my nails.
- Organize a baking space in my kitchen area
- Turn my loft into a writing oasis.
See the ocean See the mountains
- Visit a pumpkin patch with family
- Carve a pumpkin
- And make pumpkin pie
- Make an apple pie from scratch
- Make space for daily meditation
- Read a photography book
Buy a new digital video camera.
- Get a professional photo shoot.
- Make a baby book for W
- Make a baby book for M
- Make handmade Eid cards.
Try a few other different types of handmade cards.
- Paint outdoor rocks.
- Design a new henna pattern
- Frame the henna pattern
- Host Thanksgiving dinner.
- Try a new bread recipe.
- Attend one event at my new local Masjid.
- Find an organization that helps South Asian women.
- Join the organization.
Reconnect with a long lost friend
- Write 5 love letters and mail them.
- Use cash for all purchases for one week.
- Get an ATM card.
Get credit monitoring.January 2014
- If you were affected by the Target credit card hacking they are offering free credit monitoring here, redeemable up to April 30, 2014.
- Whiten teeth
- Re-read the Quran
- Beat a certain someone at air hockey once and for all.
- Hold their hand when they weep uncontrollably at their defeat.
- Find a charity project to do with the kids
- Attend a local festival.
Try a food truck event. Make. And take. Hostess cookies.January 2014.
- I baked a dozen cookies for the hostess but my purchased tin could only fit four. Do'h. Still. It's done. Now off to find bigger non-holiday themed tins!
Find a new [to me] TV series.House of Cards, BoardWalk Empire, Veep!
- Finish up the last season of The Wire
Finish my first draft of my current manuscript.
- Finish the second draft of my current manuscript.
- Spiffy up my current manuscript until its completed.
- Read a book in Urdu
- And buy a Dancing Goats coffee mug. Is it obvious how much I miss my old hood?
- Check out the Old Fourth Ward Park
- Go antiquing.
Have afternoon tea with Ayesha.And morning. And evening. And all times in between. Get a yearly planner- the paper kind.
- Go fruit picking with the kids
- Learn a new cupcake or muffin recipe
- Learn sushi
Take a vacation
- See a movie in theaters
- Paint our container for gardening.
- Grow vegetables in the container garden again
- And try one new vegetable.
- Grow mammoth sunflowers
- Make a fun lawn sign with the kids.
- Take my laptop to the apple store for treatment
- Establish one internet-free day a week.
- Buy a fire pit
- Roast marshmallows.
Do at least one date night with the spouse. We got a truffle cake at cheesecake factory while my parents babysat. It was glorious. Have a get together with girlfriends sans kiddos. Many times over. Thank heaven for good friends.
- Make mint tea.
- Have a picnic.
- Find a moisturizers I love. Any recommendations?
- Buy new fun vibrant dinner plates
- Buy a real popcorn maker
- Make popcorn
- Take a bubble bath.
- Buy new nail polish
Make Oreo pops again.
- Get a manicure
- And a pedicure
- Do the Couch to 5K
- Do the Ekeiden Race. Yikes. I've committed with K and friends. So I guess I got to do it.
- Put up playful photos for the kid's playroom.
- Buy one fruit I've never heard of at the Farmer's Market
- Find stud earrings that I can always wear.
- Rewatch Veronica Mars
- Update this list by the end of the year
- Say yes to one thing I would normally say no to.
- Give a second chance to something/someone I normally wouldn't.
- Make a dream come true
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
114 things to do in 2014
If you've been reading this blog a while, you know I love me some lists, and no lists more than I love the yearly 'to do' lists that I've done at least five years so far. As I said a few years ago, these lists serve as a reminder of what I value in my life and what I hope to accomplish. So many of us live our lives in a daze, we have so much going on, work, children, responsibilities that often feel never ending, so you never find that time to follow your dreams and bliss. Through listing, you at least become aware of what you want, and that's the first step in getting there. If interested in my progress check here where I plan to keep things posted! Plan to do this too? Please share! Either way, what are some goals you have for 2014?